It may surprise you to know that a large percentage of Americans have some form of periodontal disease, also called gum disease. And in its earlier stages, gum disease is often unnoticed but is entirely treatable.
Gum disease may not sound serious, but untreated, it can cause your teeth to become loose or even fall out! That is pretty serious. If gum disease treatment is needed, our skilled doctors and well-trained, friendly team at Garr Dental Center are here to help.
What are the symptoms of periodontal disease?
- If you have bad breath that won’t go away, you could have gum disease.
- If you have swollen or red gums, you may have periodontal disease and need gum disease treatment.
- If your gums are tender or bleeding, you may have gum disease.
- If it is painful when you are chewing, you might have periodontal disease and need gum disease treatment.
- If your teeth are beginning to feel loose, you may very well have gum disease and need gum disease treatment.
- If your teeth feel sensitive to hot or cold, you may have periodontal disease.
- If your gums are receding or your teeth look like they are getting longer, you may have gum disease and need gum disease treatment.
Gum Disease Prevention
The best way to fight gum disease and circumvent the need for gum disease treatment is to practice some good dental health practices. Gum disease treatment can be as easy as brushing twice a day, flossing once a day and seeing your dentist regularly. We also recommend eating healthy foods and observing good general health practices to lessen your chances of getting gum disease.
Gum Disease Treatment
If it turns out you do have gum disease, and remember, MANY people do, our skilled dentists and excellent dental team can help you. Oftentimes, the gum disease treatment is minor. However, with any gum disease treatment, we will do what is necessary to make sure you have a healthy smile. Call today and let us partner with you to give you a healthy smile.